Friday, October 31, 2008
October is coming to the end and tomorrow we will see November in our life. What have we reached so far in 2008? Have we accomplished what we desire in 2008? What about our aims and ambitions in 2008? I have gained so much in 2008. Went abroad to Hawaii and Korea, did my umrah, went to Mecca and Medina, Jeddah, travel with mama - went to Kuching, wrote a few papers with good friends, bersedekah, will go for conferences in KL, Kangar, Penang, went all over for ceramah, make new friends, rekindle with old friends, fall in love, fall out of love, yet I always feel the emptiness of not getting them all. Marriage, writing my own books, starting on my PHD, learning Bahasa Arab, lose more weight, aggressive cooking, improve my communication, time management, documentation, my writing skills, so many things I have yet to achieve. Where did I go wrong? Did I aim too much? Should I not be grateful with life? My parents and grandmother are still ok, alhamdulillah, my siblings, nieces and nephews, friends are all doing ok. I should not complain. Some of my students have become successful people. Then why do I feel this strange loneliness in my life? Allah has the answer. I hardly know where should I go or where do I start to get rid of this lonely feeling. Anybody has any answer? November is saying hi...
Thursday, October 30, 2008
A Woman was out golfing one day when she hit the ball into the woods.
She went into the woods to look for it and found a frog in a trap.
The frog said to her, "If you release me from this trap, I will grant you three wishes."
The woman freed the frog, and the frog said, "Thank you,but I failed to mention that there was a condition to your wishes. Whatever you wish for, your husband will get times
The woman said, "That's okay." For her first wish, she wanted to be the most beautiful woman in the world.
The frog warned her, "You do realize that this wish will also make Your husband the most handsome man in the world, an Adonis whom women will flock to. "
The woman replied, "That's okay, because I will be the most beautiful Woman and he will have eyes only for me." So, -she's the most beautiful woman in the world!
For her second wish, she wanted to be the richest woman in the world.
The frog said, "That will make your husband the richest man in the world and he will be ten times richer than you." The woman said,
"That's okay, because what's mine is his and what's his is mine."
So, -she's the richest woman in the world!
The frog then inquired about her third wish, and she answered, "I'd like a mild heart attack."
Moral of the story: Women are clever. Don't mess with them.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Saturday, October 25, 2008
ABU Hurairah berkata: "Seorang lelaki memberi hutang kepada Rasulullah SAW lalu ditagihnya secara kasar. Oleh sebab itu para sahabat tidak senang terhadap orang itu. Maka bersabda Nabi SAW: Orang yang memberi hutang berhak menagih. Belikan dia seekor unta muda kemudian berikan kepadanya. Berkata para sahabat: Tidak ada unta muda ya Rasulullah. Yang ada hanya unta dewasa dan lebih bagus daripada untanya. Sabda Baginda: Belilah, kemudian berikan kepadanya. Sesungguhnya sebaik-baik kamu ialah yang paling baik membayar hutang." (Hadis riwayat Muslim)
Pada dasarnya, Islam tidak menggalakkan umatnya berhutang. Perkara ini dijelaskan menerusi hadis daripada Uqbah bin 'Amir yang bermaksud: "Janganlah kalian membuat takut jiwa selepas ketenangannya. Mereka berkata: Apa itu wahai Rasulullah? Baginda SAW bersabda: Hutang."
Oleh itu Rasulullah mengajarkan sepotong doa yang bermaksud: "Ya Allah! Aku berlindung kepada-Mu daripada kegundahan dan kesedihan, daripada kelemahan dan kemalasan, daripada sifat pengecut dan bakhil, daripada kesempitan hutang dan penindasan orang."
Maka dengan itu orang yang berhutang hendaklah menjelaskan hutangnya kerana Allah SWT mengetahui apa yang mereka lakukan. Membayar balik hutang sesungguhnya adalah sesuatu yang wajib dilakukan sehingga harta orang yang sudah meninggal dunia pun perlu ditolak hutang-piutang mereka terlebih dulu, sebelum diagihkan kepada waris.
Adalah dikira berdosa bagi orang yang tidak mahu membayar hutangnya dengan sengaja walau bagaimana kecil pun hutang itu. Hal ini termasuk juga hutang dengan orang bukan Islam.
Bukan itu saja, Islam juga menjanjikan bahawa jika seseorang itu berhutang dengan niat untuk membayar, Allah SWT akan memudahkan ia membayarnya. Sebaliknya, jika berhutang dan berniat tidak mahu membayar, maka Allah Maha Kaya dalam perhitungan-Nya.
Dijelaskan dalam sabda Rasulullah yang diriwayatkan oleh Abu Hurairah yang bermaksud: "Sesiapa yang berhutang dengan niat untuk membayar balik, Allah akan membayarkan. Tetapi, jika sesiapa berhutang dengan niat menyeleweng, Allah akan musnahkan harta bendanya."
Maksud Allah SWT akan membayarkan di sini adalah Allah SWT akan memudahkan rezeki seseorang itu supaya dia dapat membayar hutangnya dan begitulah jika sebaliknya.
Islam sebagai agama yang sempurna menyusun beberapa langkah mengenai proses berhutang di mana hutang yang dibuat hendaklah dicatat jumlah dan masa pembayarannya serta dilantik seorang penulis yang adil sebagai saksi bagi mengelak penipuan dan penganiayaan.
Membantu orang berhutang daripada hutangnya adalah suatu perbuatan yang mulia. Ganjaran besar menanti iaitu berupa naungan Arasy di akhirat kelak.
Siapakah orang yang sibuk? Orang yang sibuk adalah orang yang tidak mengambil berat akan waktu solatnya seolah-olah ia mempunyai kerajaan seperti kerajaan Nabi Sulaiman a.s
Siapakah orang yang manis senyumanya? Orang yang mempunyai senyuman yang manis adalah orang yang ditimpa musibah lalu dia kata "Inna lillahi wainna illaihi rajiuun." Lalu sambil
berkata,"Ya Rabbi Aku redha dengan ketentuanMu ini", sambil mengukir senyuman..
Siapakah orang yang kaya? Orang yang kaya adalah orang yang bersyukur dengan apa yang ada dan tidak lupa akan kenikmatan dunia yang sementara ini.
Siapakah orang yang miskin? Orang yang miskin adalah orang tidak puas dengan nikmat yang ada sentiasa menumpuk-numpukkan harta.
Siapakah orang yang rugi? Orang yang rugi adalah orang yang sudah sampai usia pertengahan namun masih berat untuk melakukan ibadat dan amal-amal kebaikan.
Siapakah orang yang paling cantik? Orang yang paling cantik adalah orang yang mempunyai akhlak yang baik.
Siapakah orang yang mempunyai rumah yang paling luas? Orang yang mempunyai rumah yang paling luas adalah orang yang mati membawa amal-amal kebaikan di mana kuburnya akan di perluaskan saujana mata memandang.
Siapakah orang yang mempunyai rumah yang sempit lagi dihimpit? Orang yang mempunyai rumah yang sempit adalah orang yang mati tidak membawa amal-amal kebaikkan lalu kuburnya menghimpitnya.
Siapakah orang yang mempunyai akal? Orang yang mempunyai akal adalah orang-orang yang menghuni syurga kelak kerana telah mengunakan akal sewaktu di dunia untuk menghindari siksa neraka.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
REMEMBER: ATM machines have CCTVs. If you help him he will later claim that you have robbed him or stolen his ATM card. Besides, his ATM card could be a stolen one. So please be careful of these frauds.
(2) Suddenly your house lights go off. From your window you find that! Your neighbors still have lights. So you go out of your house to check the Meter Box. But once you open the door, a knife will be pointing at you and preventing you from closing it. This is when you will be robbed and injured robbed and injured.
REMEMBER : Even though your electricity suddenly goes off, DO NOT open
Your door immediately. Look around to see if there is anything unusual or if there is any noise around.
(3) This is another incident. You may have heard it before. It is about a lady whom she saw a kid crying by the roadside. When she spoke to the kid, the kid told her he was lost and wanted her to take him home. The kid even gave her a paper with his house address. So she took him home. But when she rang the door bell she had an electric shock. Later when she woke up, she was naked in an empty room.
REMEMBER: Being such a compassionate and helpful person might not be a good thing these days. Pass this on and girls, please be careful..
DON'T BE TOO KIND!!
(4) One day, there was an old lady outside my house holding 2 packets of sweets. At first I thought she was our neighbor and wanted to give us these packs of sweets as a gift.. But then when she spoke, I can realize that she is was foreigner. I could not understand what she was talking about. I guessed she must be asking for money. I sensed there was something wrong and immediately closed the door and ignored her. Later, I found she and an accomplice robbed someone else down the road
(5) I was at the ATM machine to withdraw some money. Behind me, there was an old lady. She asked me whether I was able to withdraw my money because she said she had problem with her machine. Suddenly a small girl came up beside me. The small girl was squeezing in front of me. I thought she was just naughty and playful. But then, the small girl put her hand at the hole of my ATM machine where the money comes out; ready to take away my money. I sensed something wrong and immediately push her away. Later I realized that the small girl and the old lady worked together. She was trying to steal my money while the old lady was trying to distract my attention by asking me questions!!
REMEMBER: BE VERY CAREFUL when you are at an ATM
machine and be alert. Look out for anyone suspicious around you.
(6) My parents are retired and stay at home most! Days. One afternoon, a young stranger went to their house and said his motorcycle had no more petrol and the petrol station was too far for him to push his bike there. So he asked my parents for an empty coke bottle to buy some petrol. He said he will pay RM2 for the bottle. So my mum took one coke bottle for him. He really took out the money from his pocket, but it was a RM 100 note. He told my mum he had no small change and asked my mum to give him the change. Luckily my mum was smart. She just told him to take it for free.
REMEMBER: obviously that note is fake!! Who would want to pay for RM2 for
An empty coke bottle!! It's very OBVIOUS that that stranger is a trickster.
(7) This happened in Bali . A newly married couple was having their honeymoon at the hotel. When both are in the changing room, the wife suddenly went missing. The husband was very anxious and went around finding her. He asked the hotel staff to help him find her. Then he thought his wife was just playing hide and seek. So he went back and waited for his wife. After a few hours, he decided to call the police. 3 weeks passed and there was still no news about his missing wife. So he went back and was very disappointed and sad. A few years later, he came back to Bali , to watch a 'FREAK SHOW' in an old house. He saw a dirty and rusty metal cage. Inside there was a lady without limbs Her body including the face was full of scars. When he had a closer look at her face, he was shocked to find that it was her missing wife put there as a means for begging.
(8) This happened in Shanghai . A few yeas ago, a lady reported to the
Police that her cousin sister was missing in the shopping complex. But
After 5years, one of her friends found her cousin sister begging at the road side one of the streets in Bangkok , Thailand . The worst thing is that her cousin sister has no more limbs and her body was tied to a lamp post with a shackle (metal chain).
(9) Let's just shorten this story. DO NOT open your house door when you hear the sound of a BABY CRYING!! It might be a trap! Women in the house must be alert to this trick. The police said it is the work of a robber or murderer using the recording of a baby crying to attract your attention. This normally happens at night and when you are only alone in
the house be especially.
(10) I read an email that was sent by my friend. Her friend, known as A, went to Luo Hu Commercial City with 2 friends, B and C. Luo Hu Commercial City is the Shenzhen counterfeit goods distribution center. There are many people there. It's also near to the Shenzhen train station and Hong Kong 's Luo Hu Port. C went to the toilet at the shipping centre while A and B waited outside. After waiting for a long, time they felt uneasy and went into the toilet to look for her. When they went in, there was nobody inside there. Both were scared and they called C's phone. There was no one answered. So they reported to the police. The police asked them whether they had seen anybody suspicious going into the toilet.. Both said there were none and it’s impossible to bring a life person with more out of the toilet without them noticing! Then A remembered seeing a cleaner pushing a trolley in, and then coming out. The police told them that was not the 1st time such a thing happened. The police suspected a gang of criminals who were always attacking women in the the toilet of shopping complexes. They use cleaners to kidnap people to harvest their organs for sale.
REMEMBER: please be careful when using the toilet. Do not go to the wash
room or toilet ALONE!! Please at least have a partner with you.
After a long break, I gave a 2 hour-talk at SMART, Kuantan. So good to be back...Great response from audience..Tq to everybody in SMART for giving me back my life..finally my momentum is back!!! I took 8.30-10.30am slot while Dr Abdullah took his slot 11am-1pm. Need to work hard in searching more videos....Tq Ya Allah for giving me this talent and opportunity of delivering knowledge. I will try my best to educate my society while educating myself....
UHL3112 Civil students bought me cake together with lots of delicacies for Hari Raya celebration..Tq people..
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
A great note for all to read it will take just 37 seconds to read this and change your thinking
Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room.
One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs.
His bed was next to the room's only window.
The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back.
The men talked for hours on end. They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation.
Every afternoon when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window.
The man in the other bed began to live for those one hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside.
The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake. Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every color and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance .
As the man by the window described all this in exquisite detail, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine the picturesque scene.
One warm afternoon the man by the window described a parade passing by.
Although the other man couldn't hear the band - he could see it. In his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words.
Days and weeks passed.
One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep. She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away.
As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone.
Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the real world outside. He strained to slowly turn to look out the window beside the bed.
It faced a blank wall.
The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window..
The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall.
She said, "Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you."
There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations.
Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled.
If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.
"Today is a gift, that's why it is called the present."
Sometimes people think you are not doing anything because you tend to be quiet in the office. I have been staying back late at night at the office alone to prepare for so many things and today I received memos telling me not to do other people's work and to mind my own business but to do extra work.. Sounds silly, of course the language was soft because the person doesn't want to hurt my feelings. I was not hurt, am not hurt but angry with my own character of not being able to tell others on what I am doing. I fail badly in reporting skills. I do and I fail to project my work to people. My biggest weakness is never..ever.. able to speak out on what I do to help others..I created a form for RAKSI, waited for students till night but I cannot tell others about it. I just don't. Luckily Tasneem helped me so that I could attend Forum Keluarga. Besar pahala Tasneem. I will try to finish ICOSE paper tonight. Promise myself. Must start on the slides for SMART presentation this Sat. Just now a girl called me, wanting me to be a panel for a forum tomorrow night. TSUNAMI CINTA. But I am so occupied. Wouldn't be fair for me to a panel without doing any preparation. Tomorrow I have OSHA the whole day. Definitely at night I would be busy with my slides. Work and work. Friday morning will go to SK Batu Tiga for the RAKSI Motivational Program with Tasneem and the students. Then I will treat her lunch for helping me. Afternoon 200 students will send in their Drama CD. It will be a chaos. I have done this before. Some of their CD will be corrupted. Must bring my other lap top. Evaluation form, attendance, signing in for their assignment. I bet I will go back late again. Saturday morning 8am at SMART for the talk with Dr Abdullah. I know I can do this. Am still at the office with so many RAKSI students. All I can think of is how I wish I could walk by the beach - Teluk Cempedak at night again with......I m i s s u...s o m u c h..Allah...
KUALA LUMPUR 10 Jun – Dilihat dari luar, kehidupan Anis Abdullah dari Muar, Johor tidak jauh berbeza dengan warga emas lain. Sebagaimana wanita berkeluarga yang lain, beliau seorang ibu yang penyayang.
Bagaimanapun, tidak ramai yang tahu bahawa di sebalik sifatnya itu, wanita berkulit putih ini sebenarnya seorang ibu yang amat istimewa.
Tujuh orang anak yang dilahirkannya menjadi doktor termasuk tiga orang doktor pakar.
Kecemerlangan kesemua anak Anis dalam akademik dan kini terlibat dalam kerjaya sebagai doktor perubatan bukanlah sesuatu yang pernah diimpikan oleh pesara guru berusia 65 tahun itu.
Kejayaan anak-anaknya membolehkan Anis – yang lahir dalam keluarga Cina sebelum diserahkan kepada keluarga Melayu ketika berusia tiga bulan – menerima Anugerah Ibu Gemilang sempena Majlis Anugerah Ibu Malaysia anjuran Yayasan Dakwah Islamiah Malaysia (Yadim).
Anugerah itu disampaikan oleh Raja Permaisuri Agong, Tuanku Nur Zahirah pada majlis sambutan yang diadakan di Pusat Dagangan Dunia Putra (PWTC) di sini hari ini.
Anak sulung Anis, Datuk Dr. Azhar Md. Noh, 43, merupakan seorang pakar bius di Hospital Ampang Puteri. Dr. Azhar belajar bidang perubatan di Universiti Glasgow, Scotland, manakala anak kedua, Dr. Muhammad, 41, seorang pakar urologi, juga berkhidmat di hospital yang sama.
Anak ketiga, keempat dan keenam beliau, Dr. Nor Shahidah, 40; Dr. Raha, 38; dan Dr. Nor Hafizah, 34, kesemuanya lulusan Fakulti Perubatan Universiti Malaya (UM) dan kini mengusahakan klinik persendirian.
Dua lagi anaknya iaitu Dr. Nor Bahiyah, 35, dan Dr. Umi Kalthum, 28, adalah lulusan Trinity University College di Dublin, Ireland, kini masing-masing bertugas di Hospital Pakar Yayasan Salam dan sedang melanjutkan pengajian untuk menjadi pakar mata.
Anis berkata, beliau dan suami, Md. Noh Yunos, seorang pesara kerani, bersikap tegas dan mementingkan pendidikan anak-anak.
“Kami bersikap tegas kerana tidak mahu anak-anak merasai kehidupan susah yang kami lalui dulu.
“Anak-anak dipastikan mendapat pendidikan duniawi dan ukhrawi yang sempurna seawal usia lima tahun lagi, walaupun kami tahu ibu bapa pada dasarnya tiada kuasa menentukan masa depan anak-anak,” katanya kepada pemberita.
Anis yang bermenantukan lima orang doktor memberitahu, dalam mendidik anak-anak, beliau memberi tumpuan kepada masa depan mereka.
“Apabila kita fokus pada masa depan, ia membolehkan kelemahan diri diperbaiki. Jika melihat ke belakang pula, kita hanya akan mengganggu fokus tersebut,” ujarnya.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
about their relationships and decided to amaze their men. That night
all three will wear black leather bras, stiletto heels and a mask over
After a few days they meet up for lunch.
The engaged woman: The other night when my boyfriend came over he found me
with a black leather bodice, tall stilettos and a mask. He saw me and
said, 'You are the woman of my life. I love you.' Then we made love all
The mistress: Me too! The other night I met my lover at his office and I
was wearing the leather bodice, heels, mask over my eyes and a raincoat.
When I opened the raincoat he didn't say a word, but we had wild sex all
The married woman: When my husband came home I was wearing the leather
bodice, black stockings, stilettos and a mask over my eyes. As soon as
he came in the door and saw me he said,
What's for dinner, Batman?'
I believe in our daily life, we make some mistakes..big or small..yet sometimes the mistake is too stupid, we could hardly believe we did it..I wrote some stupid comments on email and that hurt a friend..I wrote some stupid comments on sms and that hurt abg...I said something stupid and that hurt my sis, Ja...I commented on mama's behavior and she was hurt this morning..I told myself to speak less in this world, yet I can never run away from hurting people..I can really hate myself sometimes..The more I try to be nice, the higher the tendency for me to hurt people just by small simple words...Aaarghhhh! Ya Allah! Help me! Have mercy on me! Design my heart to be nicer Ya Allah...
When I came back from Mekah, I was greeted by so many friends and students at UMP. So many people hugged me..No wonder there is a magic in every touch..with work on top of my head..with heavy feelings of unwanted..I really need a hug...